Welcome to Class K-122A
Welcome to Kindergarten! We are in room K-122A. My name is Amy Colt and I am excited to be your child's teacher this year. This will be my fourteenth year teaching, but my sixth year as a Kindergarten teacher as I have previously taught in preschool. My name is Elaine Ortiz and I am the special education teacher. This is my eighth year teaching kindergarten as a special education teacher, but my eleventh year teaching as I previously taught UPK and 2nd Grade. Our goal is to help your child feel welcome and safe, achieve high levels, and develop a love of learning.
We strive to establish a partnership with our student's parents to support student learning. Strong communication is fundamental to this partnership and to build a sense of community between home and school. There is a range of communication opportunities available for parents to communicate with the teachers. Please feel free to drop us a note inside the Family Communication Folder, Telephone calls to the school 718-547-3618, Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and parent engagement on Tuesday's by appointment.
This promises to be a busy, exciting year and We look forward to you being part of it!
Sincerely, Mrs. Colt & Ms. Ortiz
Class K-122A in Pictures
"NEW" March 19, 2020
We will be creating a Google Classroom for our class that aims to simplify creating, distributing, and grading assignments. All Students will be invited to join a class through a private code.
How To access Google Classroom:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com
- Enter your PS94 Student Username (email@example.com)
- Click Next
- Enter your PS94 Password: OSIS# (9-digit Student ID number found on the report card)
- Click Next
- Click on the Google Apps (9 dots in the right-hand corner)
- Click on the Google Classroom Icon
- First-timers must select 'student'
- Click on the plus sign + in the right-hand corner and Join Class
- Type Class Code: lgbqvn3
* On Thursday, March 19, 2020 between the hours of 9:00 - 2:00 pm parents will be able to pick up packets of work for your child.
* Please continue to read from Raz-Kids and/or MyOn.
* Online access for all students in I-Ready with assignments for Reading & Math. NEW
A weekly homework calendar is given out every Monday. The homework will be placed in the Family Communication Folder. Homework will be written in the students homework notebook. The Family Communication Folder and notebook are to be returned to school the next day and everyday. Please read with your child everyday for 15 min. Books that you and your child can read can be found on Raz-Kids. Every Friday the students receive a weekly sight word quiz. Please make sure you study and review all sight words using flash cards.
All About Mrs. Colt
I graduated from Hunter College with a Bachelor's degree in English Language Arts and a Master's degree in Early Childhood. My teaching license is from Birth through 2nd Grade. I have taught for fourteen years and this is my sixth year teaching Kindergarten in PS. 94. I previously taught in a Pre-K school setting.