The Mission of the School Counseling Department at P.S. 94 is to provide comprehensive school counseling services to all students within a positive supportive environment. Our programs are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, social/personal, and career abilities in order to become responsible and productive members of society. Counselors are committed to maintaining the individual uniqueness of each student and skillfully use strategic, timely, and personal interventions to maximize educational experiences, enhance the development the human potential, close achievement gaps among high and low performing groups, and support positive life choices.
The Counselors at P.S. 94 believe:
· All students can achieve and be successful learners.
· All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
· All students will have access to high quality school counseling services, provided by a professional school counselor.
· All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial differences are considered in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
· The school counselors’ primary purpose is to advocate for the student.
· In applying the latest research-based interventions to fit individual student needs
· In abiding by ethical and moral standards as outlined by the American School Counselor.